UPDATE: Tomorrow Live Event in English on JUpiter ICy moons Exploration mission (JUICE) - Newsletter 11*/2023

Newsletter der Volkssternwarte München sternwarten-news at lists.sternwarte-muenchen.de
Sa Mai 6 13:51:04 CEST 2023

Newsletter Nr. 11* / 2023

*** UPDATE: Neue Zusatzveranstaltung /
Live-Event IN ENGLISH am morgigen
Sonntag, 07. Mai, 19:30 Uhr ***
[JUICE illustration] https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/event-vsw/juice230507/
TOMORROW 7.30 p.m.: Live-Event in English on the ESA JUICE mission to Jupiter's icy moons - ENTRANCE FREE!

On the occasion of the new International Day of Planetariums on May 7 https://www.ips-planetarium.org/page/IDP

and the upcoming centennary of the invention of the planetarium https://planetarium100.org/de/

in Jena and Munich, 2023-2025

Exclusive livestream from Planetarium Hamburg in cooperation with ESA and IPS

Sunday, 7 May 2023, 7:30 p.m.
Venue: Munich Public Observatory (Volkssternwarte München), Rosenheimer Str. 145H
+++ Please note the info further below on how to reach us, as the front entrance is blocked due to construction works+++

On very short notice, we managed to get hold of the exclusive livestream from Planetarium Hamburg https://www.planetarium-hamburg.de/de/startseite in cooperation with ESA, with the JUICE mission heads featuring live on stage, and the International Planetarium Society (IPS). The stream will be exclusively broadcast to a number of registered planetariums all over Europe and worldwide.
The language of the event will hence be English. (Fragen und Diskussion sind aber auch auf Deutsch möglich und werden von uns ggf. übersetzt.)

JUICE stands for JUpiter ICy moons Explorer and was developed and built for ESA by Airbus. On April 14, the last ever Ariane-5-launch brought the European JUICE space probe on its journey to the Jupiter system and its targeted icy moons: Europa, Ganymede and Callisto, that are supposed to have abundant water, more than even Earth, in oceans hidden under their surfaces. And where there is water, there may be life!? - The JUICE mission is therefore crucial for our understanding of the possibilities of life in the universe in general and many extrasolar planetary systems that we already know of in particular.

Join us for free tomorrow at Munich Public Observatory (Volkssternwarte München) on the new International Day of Planetariums on May 7, from 7 p.m., as we are swiftly approaching the opening ceremony of the centennial on October 21, 2023.

Come along and let’s fly from Europe to Europa and the other icy moons of Jupiter!

Duration: ca. 60 minutes presentation and video insights from the ESA representatives in Hamburg, then up to 30 minutes for questions from the public. We can (translate and) forward questions from our Munich audience to the experts in Hamburg (though we cannot guarantee that all can or will be answered in the limited time).

Admission from 7:00 p.m.

Entrance free.
Seat reservation recommended.

Before and after the live event guests are invited to have a look at our cosy little ZEISS planetarium and enjoy the views.

Information & free reservation https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/event-vsw/juice230507/

ONGOING CONSTRUCTION WORKS:
ENTRANCE ONLY FROM THE REAR!
[Symbolbild Baustelle] https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/en/?target=bauinfo-en
Please note there is a little detour to reach our entrance: Rosenheimer Str. 145H
+++ FRONT ENTRANCE BLOCKED! +++

Entrance tomorrow is free, but there is no free entrance!

Before your visit, please have a look at our information site about the blocking of the front entrance to our inner courtyard. You will please have to use the rear entry to the courtyard to reach no. 145H.
The detour is max. about 200 mtrs. or 3 min. of walk, depending from where you come.

--> Here is a map. https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/baustellen-infos-2023/#bau-karte-0423

--> And here a possible route. https://goo.gl/maps/BGLuBeSYE6oEkK428

Please note also that barrier-free accessibility is slightly impaired. Follow the button below to read more or email us for questions: info at sternwarte-muenchen.de mailto:info at sternwarte-muenchen.de

Learn more https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/en/?target=bauinfo-en

Another upcoming event in English next week

by Café & Kosmos: https://www.muffatwerk.de/de/events/view/6463/cafe-kosmos

Café und Kosmos (Event in English!)

"Die Stringtheorie – der Schlüssel zum Universum" [String theory - key to the universe]

Tuesday, 09 May 2023, 7 p.m.
Venue: Ampere / Muffatwerk, Zellstr. 4, München

Weirdly, title and announcement are only available in German, but still the talk will be in English. Here you are:

"Die Stringtheorie ist die einzige Theorie, die zwei ansonsten unvereinbare Konzepte verbindet: Sie schafft einen mathematischen Unterbau, auf der sowohl die Quantenphysik als auch die Gravitation „Platz finden“. Mit der Stringtheorie bestünde unsere Realität nicht aus Teilchen, sondern aus winzigen, schwingenden Objekten. Wir würden in vielen zusätzlichen Dimensionen leben, die wir nicht spüren und wir bisher auch nicht experimentell nachweisen können. In dieser Ausgabe von Café & Kosmos erklärt Davide de Biasio vom Max-Planck-Institut für Physik, wie die Stringtheorie uns helfen könnte, die grundlegende Natur des Universums zu verstehen.
Der Vortrag findet in englischer Sprache statt, Diskussionsbeiträge können übersetzt werden."

Entrance free. Admission from 6.30 p.m.

[Please note: poster is from last event in April, as no newer version was available, but never mind that.]

Learn more https://www.muffatwerk.de/de/events/view/6463/cafe-kosmos

 [Facebook] https://de-de.facebook.com/sternwarte.muenchen/  [Twitter] https://twitter.com/volkssternwarte  [Web] https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/  [Instagram] https://www.instagram.com/vsw_muenchen/  [Youtube] https://www.youtube.com/c/VolkssternwarteM%C3%BCnchen/featured
Bayerische Volkssternwarte München e.V.
Rosenheimer Straße 145h, 81671 München
Telefon: (089) 40 62 39

Spendenkonto: Volkssternwarte München,
IBAN DE85 7015 0000 1003 3703 25,
BIC SSKMDEMMXXX (Stadtsparkasse München).

Oder via PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/volkssternwarte

Beiträge an die Volkssternwarte können steuerlich abgesetzt werden. Wünschen Sie eine Spendenquittung, so teilen Sie uns dies bitte mit und geben Sie die Postadresse dafür an.

Alle bisherigen Ausgaben unseres Newsletters finden Sie unter https://lists.sternwarte-muenchen.de/pipermail/sternwarten-news/

Sie erhalten diesen Newsletter als Mitglied der Bayerischen Volkssternwarte München e.V. oder weil Sie sich in unseren Verteiler eingetragen haben. Möchten Sie diesen Newsletter in Zukunft nicht mehr erhalten, dann schicken Sie bitte eine E-Mail an sternwarten-news-unsubscribe at lists.sternwarte-muenchen.de mailto:sternwarten-news-unsubscribe at lists.sternwarte-muenchen.de oder tragen Sie sich auf der Seite www.sternwarte-muenchen.de/newsletter aus. Sie erhalten dann eine E-Mail, die Sie zur Bestätigung zurückschicken müssen, damit Ihr Auftrag ausgeführt werden kann. Sollten Sie einen SPAM-Filter verwenden, achten Sie bitte darauf, dass dieser unsere E-Mail nicht blockiert. Bei Fragen hierzu wenden Sie sich bitte an newsletter at sternwarte-muenchen.de mailto:newsletter at sternwarte-muenchen.de

Unsere Datenschutzerklärung https://sternwarte-muenchen.de/datenschutzerklaerung/
Unsubscribe
[MOSAICO Responsive Email Designer] https://mosaico.io/?footerbadge